Friday, August 14, 2009

This Is The Kind Of Thing I Do

This is the kind of thing that I do.

I was in the little bagel and iced-tea cafe this morning, doing my usual thing, waiting in line. I reached into my pocket with my right hand and took out my wallet. I removed the three dollars that I would need when I placed my order and put the wallet and money into my left hand. Then I noticed there was a David Bowie song playing in the background. "Blue Jean," I thought.

Then I put my right hand into my pocket and freaked out because my wallet wasn't there. How would I pay?! I can't believe I left my wallet at home!

Then I remembered that I was actually still holding my wallet in my left hand and I thought, "This is the kind of thing that I do."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too.

Anonymous said...

This is the kind of thing I do too. Except that I would have walked all the way home, and not noticed the wallet until I went to open the door.