Monday, March 07, 2011

Bad News From Spouse

Just received this upsetting newsletter from one of my all time favorite bands and good friends, Spouse.
Dear friends, fans, family members, and supporters,

Everyday, just about everyone on this planet makes a choice.  Sometimes that choice is a simple one, like deciding what to eat for lunch, or what to wear to work.  Sometimes that choice is more difficult, like deciding whether to make a big purchase or adopt a new pet.  Occasionally, you wake up and have to decide whether to keep going in the same direction, or change course.

Since my return home from our most recent tour of the Midwest this past November, I’ve been consumed by a similar decision, and ultimately, I’ve made my choice.  As of May, Spouse will be taking an indefinite hiatus.  I’ll be concentrating my time and energy a little more on releasing some new solo material, which I will invite you all to check out when the time comes.  But for now, I’d like to announce a few of our final shows.

On March 26th, Spouse will be performing Downstairs
at the Middle East in Cambridge, MA, opening for our good friends, The Grownup Noise who will be celebrating the release of their new album, “This Time with Feeling”.  We will be playing 2nd of 4 bands.  The Kingsley Flood, and Joe Fletcher & The Wrong Reasons are also a part of this bill.  Tickets are a mere $10, and they can be purchased here.    

On April 10th, Spouse will be performing an abbreviated set as part of a benefit for Safe Passage at John M. Greene Hall on the Smith College Campus in Northampton, MA.  The show starts at 4pm, and will feature the Young @ Heart Chorus and Lux Deluxe.  It should be a real treat!  Tickets are $25 in advance and $35 at the door.  They can be purchased here.

On April 30th, Spouse will be joined by Spottiswoode & His Enemies at Empire
in Portland, ME.  This will be a fantastic night of music as our guests always bring their A Game, and they’re easily one of the most entertaining and enjoyable bands around. 

Additionally, I’ll be performing some solo shows, premiering some new music:

03/25 @ Blue, Portland, ME w/ Elizabeth Lorrey
04/22 @ Slainte, Portland, ME w/ The Grownup Noise & guests (I play 1st of 3)
05/21 @ Dark Dining Room, (House Concert, in the Western Mass area, email me for info)
06/03 @ Bishop’s Lounge, Northampton, MA w/ Adam Sweeny & guests  (I play 1st of 3)
07/27 @ Bangor Public Library, Bangor, ME – free show

Thanks very much for your time and your support,

No comments: