Thursday, September 17, 2009

Busy Music

I gotta say I think this is one of the musically busiest weeks I've had in a long time. On Sunday I had a practice with Goldwater. On Tuesday we had the Wrongways Tuesday show where I played with The Fawns and Goldwater. On Wednesday we had a long Rub Wrongways practice followed by a quick practice for Sunday's show. On Friday we are heading down to New Haven to play a Rub Wrongways Super Group show. On Saturday, during the day, Goldwater is playing outside in Sturbridge, MA and then that night we are playing a Rub Wrongways Super Group show at The Elevens here in town. On Sunday we are heading down to NYC to play in this big Mark Mulcahy Tribute show. Then we have a School for the Dead gig on Tuesday!

Amongst all that time, Lesa and I have been practicing and learning songs by Brian, Jason, and Mark for all these shows. I've also written a new song and have been doing a lot of organizational promotional stuff for these gigs. I've even been doing some behind the scenes stuff for The Aloha Steamtrain. Crazy.

Its so busy that Jason and I have scheduled an emergency practice for tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM. It's the only time we could find!

Anyway, its a good busy, but it'll be nice when things calm down a little bit. There are only two more Wrongways Tuesdays happening. After that, I'll be able to take a deep breath of autumn air and relax a bit.

Still trying to figure out what to do for a Halloween show though. What do you all think? Should we see about renting out a place again? Would you come? Would you wear a costume?

1 comment:

sarah. said...

yes! last year's party was a blast. and i will be decked out again most definitely.