Monday, June 23, 2008

Two Unrelated Paragraphs For You From Me

I missed the Figments show on Saturday night but I did catch the Novels on Sunday night. The Novels were opening for Eli "Paperboy" Reed. The Novels were on fire. It was so nice to hear them and see them in a good room like the Iron Horse. The Eli audience dug them.

For this year's Transperformance, School for the Dead is going to be performing as XTC! We think we have decided on our four song set. What songs would you have chosen for us?

Tuesday, August 26, 2008
4pm to 9:30pm
(Rain date: Wed., Aug. 27)
Pines Theater at Look Park
Florence, MA

6 comments:

Rick said...

I'd Like That. The Mayor of Simpleton. Playground.

Rick said...

Whoops, you said four. I'd love to hear you guys do Making Plans for Nigel, but you'd also kick the stuffing out of Stupidly Happy.

debl said...

I think you'd do a good job on "That is the Way" (Drums and Wires), "Ballad for a Rainy Day" (Oranges & Lemons), "Another Satellite" (Skylarking,) and "Down in the Cockpit" (English Settlement). But I imagine you'll have to do Mayor of Simpleton and/or Making Plans for Nigel and/or Senses Working Overtime and/or Dear God. Those are also good.

Anonymous said...

"25 O'Clock"! (Technically The Dukes of Stratosphear, but still.)

F. Alex Johnson said...

No Language in Our Lungs, Wake Up, Dear God (not my favorite, but you gotta do a hit. Personally I like the Mermaid Smiled version of the LP) and Statue of Liberty.

Nice scope, varied use of instruments, and you get a Colin in there as well (on one of my all time favs).

Can't wait to see what you do.

~F.A.J.

Jason said...

I'd be very curious to hear you tackle Yacht Dance (assuming you have some Spanish guitars available). If they were giving you a longer set, I'd probably make the (two or so hour) drive, as I've always wanted to hear XTC live (alas, even if only in cover version form). As it is, I'd be ecstatic to hear a soundboard recording once it's done, if available.