Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Show I Played and Rub Wrongways News

(photo by Ed McKeon) Last Saturday, I played a show with Mark Mulcahy at The Oddfellows Playhouse in Middletown, CT. It's a cool box theatre where the seats are on three sides and the stage is on the floor in the middle. Unfortunately, I had somehow thrown out my back the night before so I was limping around or lying down for much of the time while the kind rest-of-the-band (Mark, Ken, and Dave Trenholm) lugged in all my equipment and set stuff up. The show went well, though, despite my half-there nature. Part of my mind was always on my back, on trying to not move wrong etc.

I played keyboard, glockenspiel, and bass. Ken played drums and keyboards. Dave played guitar, sax, flute, and clarinet. Mark played guitar and trumpet. We all sang some. The audience was wonderful as we made our way through two sets of Marks' material. We did new songs, old songs, some Polaris songs, some Miracle Legion (one featuring Mr. Ray on guitar) and two covers (Solsbury HIll by Peter Gabriel and Colour My World by Chicago).

Now my back is getting better. I'm up and around, unlike the last few days when I've been on the floor in front of the tv. I know, I know. Whine whine whine.

Still, I've been getting things done. The Rub Wrongways Records Longest-Night-Of-The-Year Show on December 21st is really taking form. I'll have more details as soon as possible. Also, the Rub Wrongways Records Mix Tape Volume One is about to be sent out for duplication. The 16 song CD will be available shortly. Everyone in the Rub Wrongways family has been helping to make it so. More details on that soon, too.

2 comments:

Jack Nork said...

Hi Henning-
You guys were fantastic at the MM Thanksgiving show!
I see that you credited me with the taking the photo...
The picture was actually taken by
Ed McKeon - Check out his blog Caterwauled at http://caterwauled.blogspot.com/

Sorry about the mixup. I didnt properly credit Ed on my facebook page!

Jack

Henning said...

Thanks, Jack.

I made the corrections.