Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Spring Reverb

I didn't wear a jacket today and I only have on one pair of pants. There are tulips on State Street. Ray has bears, a mommy and cubs, in his yard. The mountains are melting. I'd like to stop using the words "bunch" and "stuff" so much. I'd especially like to curb the use of "bunch of stuff".

The house is quieter than the apartment. There's nobody slamming doors or running up and down the stairs. Cars go by, but not as much and the 18-wheelers are very few and far between. Less ambulances, too.

Joggers, though. Man, there are a lot of joggers on the new side of town. And squirrels. And little dogs in coats.

The studio is gradually coming together. Painting is finished. Today, the computer found a home. I need a table.

Last night, Rosenbach Company practice with Brian, Dave Trenholm, and Mark Mulcahy went well. Tomorrow, I think a new keyboard will arrive. Word, is, though, that there will be a for-real piano at the Yiddish Book Center and a nice digital one at Joe's Pub. Do you have any idea what I am talking about?

The Fawns show was great fun wasn't it? What are we?! A rock band?! Brian...

I need a stud finder. Gotta hang some pictures and shelves, maybe even speakers...wouldn't that be cool?

Don't worry, this writing voice isn't for keeps.

Hey, sitting in the open furnitureless echoey living room yesterday with my guitar, I think I started writing three new songs. We gotta hurry up and record the new SFTD album before we have too many songs. But no SFTD until after SNTB and TW right?

OK, there are plenty of boxes to be opened.

You know that bird? The one that sounds like springtime in the 70's? It just whistles two notes, I think a minor third down..like from "c" to "a"...or from "do" to "la". You know it? I've heard it the last two mornings. The two notes it sings? They go like this: "Spring Time".

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eastern phoebe

Henning said...

Thanks.

But, I went online and listened to some samples of the Eastern Phoebe and that wasn't the song I meant. Close, though.

Anonymous said...

Hey, this is Nick from Prototype X29A! I'm gonna go to Rosenbach Company in new york city...I was curious if its gonna differ from the first time i saw rosenbach company?

just curious

Henning said...

Hey Nick, how are you doing?

Some differences that pop into my head, and I'm sure there will be more to
come: One different cast member, one different band member (violin), and
we just rewrote a little section of music last night, not sure if there
will be changes in the visuals...probably.

Glad you are coming to the show.

antwes said...

Yeah, what is that bird? It is springtime in the 70s to me too. I'm playing with Star Wars figures in the woods, Mom's making Kool-Aid, and Dad's asleep in his black naugahyde easy chair while Jim Rice is up to bat on the TV.

Rick said...

I was going to answer Eastern Phoebe too, but apparently that's not what Ning is hearing. However, here's another ornithological possibility: if the two-note phrase is loud, and rapidly repeated (think "Peter-Peter-Peter-Peter"), then it may be a Tufted Titmouse.

Anonymous said...

Black capped chickadee