Friday, February 24, 2006

Will You Pretend To Join My Fictional Band?

Chowflap pointed me to this Wikipedia entry about fictional bands. It's funny how many of these, I know. These are bands that were created for movies or tv shows for the most part. Not sure yet if they included that punk band from that CHiPs episode. You remember, they sang that song, "I Dig Pain".

"I dig pain.
It's the feelin' in the brain.
The smashin'
The bashin'
I take a a chunk of concrete and smash it on my head."

...something like that. What was THAT band called? Go ahead, look it up, computer-boy.

UPDATE: Here's a more thorough list: More Thorough List. It includes Pain from ChiPs.

2 comments:

Rick said...

I like all the somewhat-even-more-fake bands in the Rutles movie. My faves are "Les Garcons De La Plage" (the French Beach boys), and of course, "Arthur Hodgkins and the Kneecaps."

And what about the fake band that did the theme to Gilligan's Island? "The Castaways" --- come ON.

Matt Gilliam said...

CAstaways were real!