Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Linus and Luthier

Against all odds, I actually did manage to get up earlier than usual today, just as I had planned. It wasn't as early as I had hoped but it was still early enough.

I grabbed my electric guitar and my bass and walked down to Downtown Sounds, where I was hoping to have them tuned-up / repaired. I know the shortest route do Downtown Sounds from my apartment and I took it, since it was only about two degrees outside. Thing is, a lot of the happy short-cuts that become a part of your everyday life are altered when there is snow on the ground. There I was, carrying two instruments and sludging through four foot snowbanks.

Still, I made it to the shop ok and carried the guitars downstairs to the luthier. Once there, however, I discovered that I had brought the wrong bass. I grabbed the one that Dave Hower has been lending me instead of the busted one that was the whole reason for borrowing Dave's in the first place. Idiot.

So, I sludged back home, this time avoiding the snowbank routes and got the correct bass and sludged all the way back again. Sheesh. Why do I do the dumb things that I do?

Anyway, the Telecaster is supposed ot be ready tomorrow evening. On Friday, I am bringing it to the Iron Horse and lending it to Jane Siberry. Now, it'll be all nice and fixed-up and shiny. Hey, maybe I'll even use it, too. Who knows? I don't.

2 comments:

Rick said...

Linus & Luthier = priceless. I was listening to Vince Guaraldi yesterday evening. And I'm dropping my Telecaster off at DTS tomorrow to have a new set of humbuckers put in. Happy Kringle.

antwes said...

Bah humbucker.