Thursday, November 18, 2004

Blogger wouldn't let me post yesterday, sorry.

Last night I spent some time working on improvements to Rub Wrongways Studios. It's my mission to get my noisy computer into a closet so that I don't have that constant whirring sound in the background while working on music. In order to that, though, I need a bunch of extension cables for my mouse, keyboard, monitor,and stuff.

I went to Staples and got some of them. Turns out that the mouse and keyboard extensions are not long enough and the monitor one is not high enough quality, so my screen is all fuzzy. It's getting to be an expensive project.

In trying to do this, I also had to rearrange a lot of stuff in the room and at about one in the morning, I found myself knee-deep in a huge mess of craziness.

I did use the time to also listen to and review some of the tracks that I have been working on for a solo album. I'm not sure what I will do with it, if I will release it as is, or what, but I pretty much almost have a complete album finished. These are the songs that I have just about done:

1. Looks Like I'm Tall (pt.2)
2. A Machine To Break Your Heart
3. The Center of Time
4. Carousel
5. This Nightly Progression
6. Gaze for Days
7. 20,000 Dollars
8. But We Did
9. I Knew a Thing or Two
10. Stereo Glow
11. It's Now

Eleven is enough, right? Yeah, I think so. So, really, it's just about done. I just need to make a few ajustments here and there.

Overall, it's a pretty mellow album, with only two sort of upbeat mid-tempo songs. I guess the major instrument is acoustic guitar, though, like my recording always end up, there are a bunch of other sounds on there too. Drums, percussion, bass, gockenspiel, electric guitar, electric piano, organs, keyboard sounds, recorder, tin whistle, sleighbells, insects, many voices, even a secret sample. As it stands now, I played everything, except Brian played triangle on one song.

I don't yet have a name for the album. I think I will hold off on releasing it, if that's what I decide to do for a little bit, since I am still concentrating on getting the New You out there.

By the way folks, "The New You" makes an excellent gift for the holidays. You can order copies right up there on the left by clicking the album cover.

"Nice plug, Henning."

"Thanks."

No comments: