Thursday, May 13, 2004

This excerpt is taken from the Diary of the Bourgeoisie. I relate all too well with what Jason is professing:

I've come to terms with my Paul McCartney-itis. In case you're wondering what I'm babbling about, this condition refers to not being able to truly rock. As a member of the Fab Four and on his own, the cute Beatle wrote several "rock" songs. The casual listener could observe a number of these songs and categorize them as rock n' roll tracks. I, however, know much better. Besides "Helter Skelter", every up-tempo McCartney number has just enough cheese on it to make it a little goofy. Don't get me wrong, Paul is one of the greatest songwriters of all time, but the guy is putting on a farce when the electric guitar turns up and he gets into his Little Richard impression.

No comments: