Tuesday, April 20, 2004

1.) Velvet Underground- Loaded: Bought it with my first CD stereo a month before heading to Umass froshdom. Had it previously on vinyl but left it in the backseat of my car on a hot summer day and warped it.

2.) What's Going On & Let's Get It On (2 albums on one disc!)- Marvin Gaye: Two sides of soul music from one author. I won't bore you with any rock crit blather- I'll just say both of these albums are wonderful in their own respective ways.

3.) Them Featuring Van Morrison- I don't really play this one very often- in fact, haven't touched it since last century. They (Them) were one of those 60s bands that never really stepped outside the r&b flavor much. Not a bad thing, just not really my thing so much. A good collection, though, albeit missing the very crucial Dylan cover that Beck sampled. Remember those heinous longbox plastic sleeves that CDs came in?

4.) Innervisions- Stevie Wonder: Another soul classic and one that I still greatly enjoy.

By the way, all four were purchased at a Strawberries, either the one in Springfield or the one in Holyoke. Remember, this was before UMass, hence before Al Bum's, For The Record, Main Street Records or GRAPE STREET Records.

No comments: