Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Nervous About This Friday's Big Show

Hello,

This here is a little reminder about the big show this Friday at The Elevens in Northampton, MA. I hope you can make it.


I'm getting nervous about the show. When I booked it, I thought, yeah, this will be cool! Let's see what Mitch Easter us up to nowadays. Sure he produced some of my all-time favorite albums and he had a nice run with Let's Active back in the day (and the Sneakers before that). But what's he up to now? I'm very curious. As a bonus, our good friend and ex-Northamptonite, Amanda Lindsey is playing in Mitch's band. Haven't see her perform since Model Rocket back at The Baystate.


It seemed like School for the Dead would be a good fit and Boy Genius (who is touring with the Mitch Easter Band) are friends, too. I've played with them in NYC and New Haven, for example.

And Ribboncandy! Forget about it! It's always awesome to hear Ribboncandy!

It's got the making of a great, great straight-up power-pop-jangle-pop-indie-rock night. So why am I nervous?

I'm nervous because there are currently only 23 people who have RSVP'd to the event here on Facebook and my experience tells me that usually only about a third of those they say they are coming actually show up. I'm nervous because I told the Mitch Easter Band that I could put on a good show for them up here in Northampton.

To tell you the truth, I get nervous about attendance before every show we play. It'd be nice if I could just be a musician and performer, but I have to try and figure out all this other stuff, too, like how to get people to come to shows. Once they are there I know they'll have a good time. That part's easy. The hard part is convincing them to come and seeing to it that they actually do.

What would you do to rally up a crowd?

--------

If you have a Faebook account, check out this event page. We've posted some videos so you can hear and see some of the bands. Leave a comment, spread the word, share the event. Tell your friends. I think Friday could be one of those perfect rock-show nights.

Thank you,
Henning

No comments: