Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Invisible Cities "Bulldozer" Video

Our good friends, our west coast sister band, The Invisible Cities, have made a wonderful animated video for their song "Bulldozer".  When I was a teenager I used to make animated films like these with my friends.  Ours were never as good as this one, of course.  We were working with an 8mm movie film camera.  It needed so much light that our clay-guys would start to melt.  I'm still trying to locate those old movies.

The Invisible Cities video is really clean and colorful and I can't even imagine the amount of work and thought that went into it.  The backgrounds and foregrounds seem to be cut from colored paper.  My favorite parts are the quick dance-off and the wavy pool.

The song Bulldozer is an unreleased Cities song.  This is the first Ive heard it. I dig it.

The video was directed by Melissa Hung, and is part of the DIY Music Video contest put on by Locus Arts and the Center for Asian American Media. The video with the most views gets into the SF International Asian American Film Festival, so please watch it lots and tell your friends!  Here's a quick link: http://bit.ly/bXPwGE


No comments: