Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Song Title Wordplay

You may or not have received the emails from co-workers, friends, family, etc. where there are these lists of Christmas song titles where the words have been changed so that the diction is more elevated. "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow" will then be "Allow Crystalline Formations to Descend in Triplicate" or you'd have "Rudolph, Quadriped with the Vermillion Proboscis."

So, you knew I'd have to have a go at this. I thought I'd bang out a half-a-dozen of these just to have fun with it; instead, I spent so many minutes crafting just one that I had to stop myself before an hour elapsed without realizing it. Here it is (hope it's worth it):


I Ask Whether It Is Metaphysically Possible That Sentient Beings Other Than The “Self” (I, The Ego, Atman, Etc.) Might Be Experiencing A Similar Auditory Perception To The One The “Self” (I, Ego, Atman, Etc.) Is Currently Receiving And Processing In The Cerebral Cortex.

2 comments:

Rick M said...

Nice one, Tiny. What a fun exercise.

Rick M said...

Courtesey of Rick & Nick from GDV:

"Oh Diminutive Village For Which That London Asylum Was Named"

"Overwhelming Happiness To The Third Planet Out From Sol"

"Shutup Already, It's Late"

"The Petite Tempo Lad"

"Oh Gather Hither All Ye Uncertain"

"Attention; The Newsman Cometh and the Winged Ones Wail"

"Broadcast From The Pinnacle"

"I Am Astonished In My Aimless Ramble"

"Light Waves Entered My Eyes And Were Interpreted By My Brain As A Triad Of Ocean-Going Vessels"