Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Henning Solo with Group DeVille

This Sunday I am playing a half hour solo set at The Iron Horse in Northampton, MA. I'm the support for the Group DeVille Tenth Anniversary Show. I always love playing at The Iron Horse. The sound system is so nice, especially for acoustic music, and there is always a feeling of a-special-night-out-on-the-town magic in the audience. I haven't quite decided yet what I will play. Probably a mixture of songs that I am very comfortable with and songs that will be a challenge for me. Being an opening act can be difficult because you have to break the ice. You have to start the show and try to convince people that the conversations they have been having are not as important as the stuff happening on the stage. The first song is always the hardest.

If anyone here would like to attend, I have tickets at a discounted price. They are ten dollars a pop and you can get them from me via email or you can order them online with PayPal at Rub Wrongways Records. If you get them this way, you can avoid the box office charge, enough to get another drink or part of a brownie sundae at the Horse.

I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: