Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Filling In With The Winterpills

This Thursday, Brian and I are sitting in with Winterpills for a show at Pearl Street in Northampton, MA. We'll be playing on a bill with St. Vincent. Do you know St. Vincent? I think it's going to be a good show. I played bass with the Winterpills a few years back for a short tour south and I enjoyed it very much. Their songs are really fun to play. Brian also filled in once on a similar tour. Now, we are both taking part. We're a package deal.

The practice went well. My fingers still remembered how to play some of the songs that I learned last time. It was smooth sailing learning the new songs, too, because I've been hearing a few of them on the radio daily and I've seen and heard them all performed at concerts so many times that they just feel natural to me.

The last time I played at Pear Street, I was filling in on bass with Spouse and before that I played glockenspiel with Winterpills for a song. I think before that it was with The Fawns at a Madonna tribute show. The Fawns were barely born at that point, a new young band to the area also played that show. They were called Bourgeois Heroes. Ah, memories.

Anyway, come on out to Pearl Street if you'd like. The show is this Thursday. Day after tomorrow.

No comments: