Friday, June 05, 2009

Tomorrow Night and Tonight, Too

This evening School for the Dead is heading out to Hardwick, MA to play a private concert. Max, Brian, and I will all be traveling together in one car, hopefully, through the winding lush roads of the Quabbin Reservoir Valley. We'll arrive at our destination and, depending on the weather will play a long multiple set show. That means we'll be fully ready for tomorrow night's rock and roll extravaganza at The Elevens. We had a great practice this week, at least three of us did, and we're planning on bringing a couple new songs to the stage.

Hopefully we can work the kinks out of them at the show today. I don't mean work out the influence of The Kinks. Why would anyone want to do that? I mean by tomorrow's show, these songs should be finely crafted works of glistening art.

What songs? Well, I'm hoping for: "Somebody Else's Problem" and "I Don't Know About Anyone Else But". Both of those I debuted in a solo show but neither has been full band yet I don't think. We'll also keep on with the other pretty new songs: "The Infinite Kitchen" and "Turn It Down". I smell a new record on the horizon.

I just found out that Saturday's big concert at The Elevens, here in Northampton, MA, starts at 9:30 with Son Cats, from Montana. The evening will close with De Osos from Boston. Somewhere in between, when it's not too early and it's not too late, you'll find School for the Dead, The Fawns, and Whistle Jacket.

I can't wait. It seems like forever since we've played a full band rock show.

No comments: