Friday, August 01, 2008

...and Brian as Zak Starkey

Hello,

I can add one to my drumming resume tomorrow night: I've been asked by The Novels (easily one of the best bands Northampton has produced in the last several years) to step in for vacationing drummer Roger Knight at their show at the Basement (Gothic St, Northampton).



Get the reference in the subject line? if not, you've probably not seen The Novels play live. Before each show one can see Mr. Knight pacing whatever venue like a caged tiger. All his being is focused on getting behind that kit and unleashing an almost frightening amount of energy, powering the Novels' mod-pop to a level not scene since The Who's late 60's/early 70's heyday when Keith Moon's amphetamized bloodstream could have powered a 747.



Yes, I have a lot to live up to. But I shall do my best. I was going to blowdry my hair and wear a sleeveless shirt to look like Kenny Jones, but, um, I won't.



So yeah. Witness the one-night-only trial by fire, as I play drums for the Novels tomorrow night, August 2, at the Basement.



Thanks. I had fun. I will have fun. Then you will have fun. Then we'll have world peace.

No comments: