Thursday, July 31, 2008

Spineless

I'm missing my annual trip to Rangeley, Maine this year because of my hurting back. Having a thrown out or messed up or strained or whatever you call it back is one thing, but having it and not knowing what you did is a whole other thing. One day I'm fine the next I'm not. Anyway, I've been spending a lot of time lying on the floor in front of the TV this week. It's a big TV so when you lie on the floor looking up at it, you kind of feel like you are at the Drive-In. Last night I watched Jaws.

For the first half of it, The Novels were practicing downstairs beneath me. Brian is playing drums with them this Saturday at The Basement here in Northampton, MA. YOu should check it out. I'll be there if I'm able.

Yesterday I also watched the VH1 Classic's 40 Best Soft Rock Songs thingy. I learned that Rosanna by Toto was written about Rosanna Arquette who was the keyboard player's girlfriend. Important.

Since I won't be in Maine this weekend for the first time in twenty years, maybe I'll sit in the backyard, make a fire in the pit and listen to recordings of loons calling each other across a lonely dark northern pond.

Or maybe I'll watch Jaws 2 and eat grapes. Who can say?

3 comments:

Dennis Crommett said...

sorry to hear that!

rickumali said...

I hope you feel better! You should know that your CD arrived the other day, and I am greatly enjoying it!

ina said...

oh henning, i hope you feel better soon.

i don't know if this will make you happy or sad, but coincidently, a friend posted some loon pictures today (vermont loons).

and jaws is fab. my brother turned quint's "you all know me" speech into a song.