Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Figments and American Music Club Tomorrow

Do you know that right now, School for the Dead and The Figments are traveling in parallel universes?

Why, this week I can expect to hear close-to-finished mixes of brand new albums by both bands, and I am extremely, extremely excited. Both albums may be each band's best yet. Maybe I was wrong--maybe people can get better with age. Thane and Henning are my heroes. (t-shirt idea: "I've Been Doing It All Wrong"--a sentiment I feel every once in a while)

And both bands will converge and collide in a few weeks at the Sierra Grill! Details TBA.

BUT that's not why I'm here. I'm here because Tomorrow, April 23, the Figments will take the Iron Horse stage at 7pm sharp, and play an opening set for San Francisco's legendary American Music Club (Mark Eitzel +co). They were gone for a while, but they back. And reviews of the new album are quite good. So I look forward to hearing that stuff live.

Anyway, hurry up and get a ticket at the Box Office. See you there.

No comments: