Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Always Make A Back-Up

This morning I was making copies, for Brian, Max, Tony and Brian, of the newly mastered version of our new album. It was mastered last night and we need now to all listen to it and see if we dig it. The album is called "A Telephone Built For Two" and it is long overdue.

I made the four copies and I thought, hey, I should make one for myself too so I don't walk around listening to the original disk, which may end up being the one that the final albums are created from. "Why what could happen?" I asked myself. "You could happen," I replied, "You and your talent for doing dumb things." So, I begrudgingly made an extra copy.

About ten minutes later, I was outside in the rain, fumbling with my Sony Discman and my umbrella and before you could say "look out! your fingers have a bad case of the slippenty sticks!" the Discman fell from my grasp and smashed on the wet sidewalk. The CD door opened from the blow and my copy of the new album shot out and rolled down the sandy, puddled, pavement.

"Aye aye aye!" I thought as I chased after the mischievous CD, "I'm really glad that wasn't the original master CD".

I put Humpty Dumpty back together again and I placed the CD back in the player, got my umbrella under control, plugged my headphones back in and lo-and-behold it played just fine. The album is just that good, I guess.

I can't wait for you to hear it.


3 comments:

Rick said...

Yes, please. Can't wait.

Dennis Crommett said...

wow, thank goodness! looking forward to hearing it very much.

No Stand In Will Do said...

hey, you and yourself! you guys know each other so well! good thing. walking around with the master! really, mr. O, I'm sure glad you know better than that, silly rabbit!