Friday, December 09, 2005

Home Sick Sounds

This is what I can hear right now:

1. From my upstairs neighbor's apartment, an alarm clock which has been beeping for about half an hour.
2. From another apartment, The White Stripes.
3. From our own apartment, the quiet murmuring of the TV in the bedroom where Lesa is sleeping.
4. From outside, the soft sound of tires on snow and the explosion of snowplows tearing by.
5. From right here, the tapping of the computer keyboard and the wheezing of my chest.

I've been home with the Go Hyang Singing Rooms Cold for the last few days. Just like Brian, Russ, and Lesa. Although, it would be great to take this time to do some of the gazillion things that I have to do, I have that unfocused haze that comes with bad colds and I can't seem to do much more than watch TV and stare at walls.

Hopefully, we'll all be better for the Fawns' big show this Sunday at the Apollo Grill, where we are the entertainment at the opening party for Off The Map Tattoo. I think we'll be just fine. I hope.

1 comment:

debl said...

I SWEAR I thought I was no longer contagious. I feel horribly guilty!!