Sunday, March 27, 2005

I'm at home today, not really celebrating Easter. Just me and Marianne the cat.
It's a great thing, seeing as this past week was a cycle of work/gig etc. Mostly Lo Fine.
Speaking of which, HAPPY BIRHTDAY KEVIN!
and HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEAD OF SECURITY SETH TRIPP!

I'm dubbing on to DVD the many 120 Minutes I have from 1990-92. Dave Kendall, where art thou?
Alternative music, and MTV in general back then seemed to assume a healthy dose of social responsibility. It's disheartening the route it could have taken, and what it's become. Lots of "save the Earth" commercials.
Video wise, lots of British people running through foggy forests (Kate Bush, Morrissey, Peter Murphy..).

I am very excited for Henning+Hitchcock tomorrow. That oft told tale of Henning seeing Robyn at the Iron Horse? I was there too. Oct 1990, I was visitng my sister and UMass. I've told the story before.
I keep saying, imagine, Henning, if on that night a time traveller handed you a ticket stub for 15 years in the future which said you'd be opening for the same guy in the same venue.
Henning would have probably said "yeah, whatever. I'll be headlining at Great Woods by then. In fact, I'll be retired and living in a lego castle!"
Good thing you're not.
Because Great Woods doesn't exist.

No comments: