Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Hey, hi everyone.
I just wanted to thank those who came to my show at Bishops last night. It was what I call a "quality, not quantity" crowd--good friends, the best singer songwriters in town and purty ladies. And they were all geneorous tippers. My wallet runneth over.
Still I feel I turned in a show which fell below the standards I was hoping to attain. It was good to play some newer songs (and the best possible result was that now Henning wants to get rolling on the next SNTB album ASAP). But to tell the truth, the candle's been burning on both ends--i.e.. working and playing music and not having a whole lot of time to recharge. So last night I felt like there was some time delay in my mental processes, and it felt like the audience was behind a see-through wall.
Perhaps this spacy mood is what made more than one person compare me to Syd Barrett.
Though I planned to talk and be funny and stuff, within 3 songs I kind of just felt like sitting down and closing my eyes.
I think I like playing drums in front of people better. Until I get better at this singer songwrter thing.
Any photos, Ning?

No comments: