Wednesday, March 30, 2005

check, check. one two.
Blogger's been weird the last 36 hrs.
Yesterday morning I woke up, still fresh from the Hitchcock experience and posted a nice post still dripping with disbelief.
It didn't post.
Now I've processed and intellectuallized the experience and so will post a more rational and factual, yet not dry (it's still somewhat dripping)account.

Enough with the laundry metaphors.
Before I go into it, I'll mention something unrelated:

I've never listened to Fleetwood Mac's "TUSK" before. I've heard the 2 or 3 department store staples. Ok, so Stevie Nicks' songs are long and boring. Christine McVie's are pleasant and pretty ok. .
But do the following: take Lindsey Buckingham's 8 songs and listen back to back(not including the title track). WOW.
You have one amazing EP. At once musically challenging and very simple. Most of the songs are very short and don't have much more than one guitar, bass and a tom. \The rest are mini Beach Boys pocket symphonies.
Awesome.

No comments: