Friday, June 04, 2004

Brian sent me this link to a piece about the newly remastered version of Pink Floyd's "The Final Cut". It was nice to read a favorable review of this album, which has always been one of my favorites. I was lucky enough to be introduced to this album at a time when the bombastic production wasn't a problem for me. Now, I enjoy the album half out of nostalgia and half out of just regular music enjoyment.

I always considered it one of the best examples of hi-fidelity, in fact, when I just got my new Advent speakers from the Salvation Army a while back, that was the first thing I played to test them out. Come to think of it, when I first heard the album in my brother's room, I think that was through Advent speakers as well. Huh.

Now, remastered, I can't even imagine what it sounds like. I probably won't buy it, though.

No comments: