Friday, May 21, 2004

Jerry Seinfeld upset me last night.

I was flipping through the channels, and I saw on the Comcast Info Bar something called Seinfeld Superman. It was listed as 10 minutes long and started at 8:50. Wha?

So, I pushed the info button and read about this Short Film Special thing. Seinfeld's back for this new short film - something like that.

Then I saw a promo of it on the station (NBC). It was two minutes away so I says to myself, well, let's see what this is all about. Seinfeld's usually fairly quality.

So, it starts and there's Jerry walking around NYC talking to Superman. It's amusing enough. Nothing earth-shattering. Nothing special. Suddenly, Whammo! It turns into an American Express commercial! A ten minute American Express Commercial that I got suckered into watching!

Horrible. Head-shakingly horrible. Oh, Jerry, how could you?

Then I thought about it a little more. Actually, I don't mind Jerry doing that. Whatever, man, he probably thought it was funny, pulling a fast one over on stupid America. But I DO blame NBC for listing something as a special program when in fact it was just a long commercial. That is terribly lame - someone should go to jail. Someone should be taught a lesson.

No comments: